Bandeau dress - seductive look
Bando is one of the most popular dress models. This dress is just made for parties, as it is very pretty, sexy and, moreover, does not restrict movement at all, allowing you to have fun all night long.
The name of the bando dress comes from the French word that translates as "bandage". Indeed, this model bears a certain resemblance to a scarf tied over the chest. Bando is a rather revealing outfit. It not only fits the figure, but also leaves the shoulders and neckline exposed. A characteristic element of the bandeau dress is a rigid bodice without straps and sleeves. The skirt can be either narrow or loose enough, but it is almost always short - no higher than mid-knee.
Who is it suitable for?
Slender girls look amazing in such dresses, regardless of height. But the owners of magnificent forms should not bypass this outfit, they only need to skillfully handle the features of the bando. The tight-fitting top of the dress acts like a corset, slightly tightening the belly. At the same time, the chest raised by the bodice looks really luxurious.
Owners of curvy hips should opt for a bandeau dress with a loose skirt. For those who have approximately the same hips and waist, it is better to give preference to dresses with voluminous skirts, for example, the "tulip" style. If you have plump shoulders and arms, it is recommended to put a thin stole or bolero over the dress.
- Classic bandeau dress It is an outfit with a tight, short skirt that reveals the neck, shoulders and upper chest.
- Bandeau dress with straps Is a modern modification of this style.Since the bodice of the dress remains rigid and does not need additional "reinforcement", the straps here perform a purely decorative function.
- Ball Gown Bandeau Dress - another modification of this outfit. The narrow skirt is replaced by more voluminous options: pleated skirt, bell, tutu, etc.
- Peplum bandeau dress today it is one of the most popular models. The peplum looks great on tapered dresses, giving the figure a seductive, feminine shape.
The bandeau dress is a party outfit, so it is traditionally quite short. However, modern designers continue to modify this style, creating more and more bandeau models with skirts of different lengths.
A long bandeau dress is an option for modest girls who prefer to show one thing: either legs or neckline. True, despite the long skirt, such dresses do not look very strict, as they usually have a rather high slit. A long bandeau can be both an evening dress for special occasions, and a light summer sundress that saves you from the heat.
A mid-length bandeau dress looks very elegant. Simple models of a semi-tight silhouette, made in a restrained color scheme, can even be worn to the office (however, you still have to put on a jacket over the dress so as not to sparkle with bare shoulders at work). For going to the theater, to the opening of an exhibition or to a restaurant, such an outfit will be very useful.
Girls are very fond of short bandeau dresses, as they allow everyone to show their attractive figure. Models with a mini skirt are quite frank, so they should only be worn for informal events. For those who are tired of classic cocktail dresses, we advise you to pay attention to the bandeau with an asymmetrical skirt (shorter at the front, longer at the back), as well as transforming dresses with a removable top skirt.
- A bandeau dress should only be purchased if you are confident that you will feel comfortable with bare shoulders on display. If you think that this part of the body is not perfect, or you just do not like to open it, it is better to refuse to buy this model (or choose a suitable jacket or bolero for it).
- A bandeau dress can be a great alternative to a sundress. If you want to add a fresh twist to your summer wardrobe, be sure to take a closer look at this model. Choose dresses with a loose bodice and a loose skirt. The fabric from which the outfit is sewn should be thin and light. In summer, it is better to wear dresses in light and bright colors. In this outfit, you will look great on the beach or on a walk around the city.
What to wear with?
A bandeau dress is a very effective outfit. It is very beautiful in itself, so it does not need additional support. If it's cool outside, you can put on a jacket or an elegant cardigan over the dress. In this case, a neckerchief will be appropriate, but it will need to be removed along with the outerwear. Tights for a bandeau dress should be chosen as thin as possible, of bodily light, but dense dark tights should be avoided. If the model of the dress is simple enough, it will go well with patterned tights or stockings. A long, off-shoulder summer dress can be worn with a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses.
Despite the fact that the bandeau dress is very self-sufficient, it cannot be spoiled by a variety of decorations. Which accessories to choose depends on the style of the outfit.
Jewelry will look beautiful with a long evening dress: earrings and a necklace made of stones. For a bandeau cocktail dress, jewelry in the form of large dangling earrings and multilayer bracelets is suitable. Summer outfits can be combined with bright jewelry: long beads, unusual earrings and a large number of "gypsy" bracelets.Don't forget about hair accessories: original hairpins, headbands, headbands, etc. After all, every detail is important to create a harmonious image.
Bandeau is an incredibly beautiful dress that effectively accentuates the figure. Like any other similar outfit, he, of course, "asks" for shoes with heels. After putting on shoes with heels, a girl instantly transforms: her posture becomes more graceful, and her gait becomes smoother.
Bando looks best with elegant shoes - shoes or sandals. High boots and boots do not go well with open tops, so it is better to refuse such shoes. Summer bandeau dresses with a long skirt can be worn with flat or platform shoes. Gladiator sandals or ballet flats will look great with this model.